Cannes definitely Hindibuzzed this year with India's participation in the 63rd edition of France's renowned film festival.
* Acclaimed director Shekhar Kapur (Bandit Queen, Mr. India, Elizabeth) was a member of the 2010 jury.
* Udaan participated in one of the festival's official sections ("Un Certain Regard" - A Certain Focus). The film is produced by Anurag Kashyap and directed by young Vikramaditya Motwane and earned a standing ovation after the screening.
* Khandahar (directed by Mrinal Sen) and Titash Ekti Nadir Naam (directed by Ritwik Ghatak), films that were released several decades ago, were both restored and presented to the audience.
More news included the presence of actors on the red carpet and additional film screenings or sales:
* Raavan, Mani Ratnam's awaited film, starring Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan and Vikram as well as the highly appreciated soundtrack composed by A.R. Rahman.
* Peepli Live, directed by newcomer Anusha Rizvi, an Aamir Khan Productions film was seemingly screened in Cannes after having gathered applause in other festivals around the world.
* Hissss (aka Nagin: The Snakewoman), coproduced by India and the USA. The film is directed by Jennifer Lynch and stars Irrfan Khan, Mallika Sherawat and Divya Dutta. You may visit the film's official website.
* Mallika Sherawat walked down the red carpet as she also performs in Love, Barack directed by Doug McHenryset.
* Other films have been promoted for overseas distribution: LSD, I am Kalam, Harischandrachi Factory, as well as animation films Arjun-The Warrior Prince and Alibaba and 41 Thieves.